It is possible to use friction by passing the hands for a long time over the eyes, or to rub a painful or injured area of the body with a drug so that it enters the skin or rub two objects to generate fire.
In the friction process, many elements participate, but without a doubt the most fundamental are the defects or roughness in the contact areas and the perpendicular force that keeps the two surfaces incorporated.
WHAT ARE THEIR TYPES?
- 1 Types of friction
- 1.1 Static friction
- 1.2 Dynamic friction
- 1.3 Kinetic friction
- 1.4 Displacement friction
- 1.5 Rolling friction
- 1.6 Friction in fluids
- 2 Advantages of friction
- 3 Disadvantages of friction
Types of friction
Static friction consists of a power that needs to be diffused to move an object in front of another with which it has contact. The static friction resistances generated by the relationship between the inequalities of the two surfaces will be increased to prevent any linked movement up to a limit where the movement already begins.
The dynamic friction consists of the persistent magnitude that produces opposition to the movement when it has already started. When two objects are displaced relative to each other, the friction power is almost incessant, for a large level of low speed , and in the standard friction mode, the friction power is defined by the interaction below.
Kinetic friction consists of the frictional force or friction force between two objects in contact with the force that faces the movement of a surface on the other resistance or the force that opposes the beginning of the movement.
This type of friction is manifested when two solid objects are in contact and one of these moves over the other.
This kind of friction has the characteristic of reducing the frictional force that is generated when a heavy and wide body circulates.
Friction in fluids
Friction in fluids occurs when fluid near an object is circulated .
Advantages of friction
- For weather, meteorologists found that friction slows surface air speeds , making them less unstable.
- The friction between the road and the tires of a vehicle helps the driver to master the speed of the car. By the work of the brakes , which facilitates the slowing of the vehicle to a stop.
- The ridges in the skin layer of the palms and fingers make it easier to hold items by friction.
- Friction allows writing on sheets of paper. When you use a pencil , the friction of the paper allows the pencil lead to dehumidify.
Disadvantages of friction
- The added friction makes it difficult to move an object, such as sliding a box across the ground or walking in deep snow .
- The complementary friction makes it difficult for an item to circulate, such as moving a box across the floor or walking in deep snow.
- The best known advantage of friction is that it generates heat in various sections of a machine. In this way beneficial energy is wasted as a loss in thermal energy.
- Due to friction, it is necessary to obtain more power for the machines, and thus avoid losses.